Traumatic Brain Injury Accidents
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can occur as the result of any type of sudden blow or jolt to the head, and the lingering effects on the victim as well as their family members can be dramatic. At Deldar Legal, our personal injury lawyers help TBI sufferers get the compensation they need to rebuild their lives when these injuries occur. Brain injuries are often the result of a serious accident, and we can assist you in holding responsible parties accountable so that you can get the compensation to which you are entitled.
Traumatic Brain Injury Facts
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), traumatic brain injuries are a leading cause of death and disability in the United States. They impact more than 150 people each day, or an estimated 2.8 million victims each year. At Deldar Legal,we act as a strong legal advocate for people who have suffered brain injuries as a result of the reckless actions of others. We represent victims who have suffered TBIs in:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents;
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents;
- Slips, trips, and falls;
- Being struck by or against objects;
- Sports and recreational accidents;
- On-the-job injuries.
Even a slight bump or blow to the head can end up causing permanent impairment, despite the fact that it may take symptoms several days or weeks to fully appear. It is vital to get medical care immediately after a head or brain injury is suspected. Failing to do so could result in potentially life-threatening complications, while jeopardizing your rights in a personal injury claim.
Protecting You When Brain Injuries Occur
Brain injuries impact the neural pathways and receptors that govern a person’s physical, emotional, and cognitive functioning. According to the Mayo Clinic, even a mild brain injury can cause ongoing issues, such as the following:
- Sensory issues, such as vision problems, slurred speech, and sensitivity to light and loud noises;
- Cognitive problems, such as problems forming thoughts or understanding what is being said;
- Memory disturbances, making it difficult to remember names or how to perform even simple, everyday tasks;
- Physical impairments, such as chronic headaches, a limping gait, or episodes of convulsions;
- Personality changes and mental health issues, such as anxiety, depression, sleep disturbances, and fits of anger or rage.
Our California Personal Injury Attorneys can Help
At Deldar Legal, we know that TBIs can impact your ability to work and provide for yourself and your family, while requiring ongoing medical care, treatment, and rehabilitation. Our California personal injury lawyers can guide you in seeking compensation, either through an insurance claim or by filing a personal injury lawsuit. When traumatic brain injuries impact you or someone you care about, contact our personal injury lawyers to get the compassionate, professional legal representation you need.