- INFORM YOUR ATTORNEY OF CHANGES IN CONTACT INFORMATION: If you change your phone number, address or email, let your attorney know immediately. Your attorney should always be able to get in contact with you.
- INFORM YOUR ATTORNEY OF ALL MEDICAL PROVIDERS: Keep your attorney updated on all medical providers you see during the course of your treatment. Including: 1) why you went; 2) the date(s) of the visit; 3) name, telephone number and address of the medical provider.
- KEEP YOUR ATTORNEY UPDATED ON INJURY STATUS: Let your attorney know how your body is responding to treatment. Particularly if your symptoms are not improving or are getting worse, this could be a sign or a more serious condition.
- STICK TO THE TREATMENT PLAN: It is very important to go to all your doctor’s appointments as scheduled. Gaps in treatment or a delay in starting treatment could work adversely against you. Let your attorney know when you are done treating.
- KEEP TRACK OF EXPENSES: A good attorney will make sure you are reimbursed for all out-of-pocket expenses. Give your attorney the receipts for your out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident such as cost of prescriptions, co-payment for doctors’ visits, etc.
- DO NOT CORRESPOND WITH THE INSURANCE COMPANY: If you are represented by an attorney, there should be no communication between you and the insurance company. This includes phone calls, letters and recorded statements. If the insurance company contacts you, refer them to your attorney and let your attorney know immediately.
- NEW ACCIDENTS: If you are involved in any new accidents, let your personal injury attorney know immediately, as it may have a direct effect on your present case.
If you need to speak with an attorney to protect your rights, just call us! Toll free (844) 335-3271